According to the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to Ireland, Yuri Filatov, he will hold a meeting at the Russian embassy with Irish fish producers, who previously declared their readiness to “peacefully prevent” the Russian naval forces from conducting maneuvers near the island.
Thus, the leadership of the organization of southern and western fish producers of Ireland announced its readiness to start fishing for whiting in the area where the Russian fleet is to conduct exercises.
The Russian diplomat clarified that at this meeting with the fishermen, he would listen to all their concerns about the exercises and bring to them the danger of such actions. This is reported by RIA Novosti.
Earlier, the Irish Foreign Ministry reported that it had notified a Russian diplomat that fleet maneuvers off the Irish coast were not welcome. For its part, Moscow has informed the Irish authorities that the exercises of the Russian Navy in the Atlantic pose no threat to Ireland or anyone else.
According to Vladimir Chizhov, Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the European Union, the Russian authorities are ready to resume all previously frozen formats of dialogue with the European Union. The point here is that Brussels has the political will, he said.
“Moscow is ready to resume all those formats that were frozen. But I want to remind you that we didn’t freeze them. But the point is that the European Union has sufficient political will,” Chizhov said on the Rossiya 24 TV channel.
Earlier, the Russian permanent representative reported that the last Russia-EU summit was held on January 28, 2014.
Sanctions against the Russian Federation began to be imposed in March 2014 due to the referendum held in Crimea. The EU and the US accused Moscow of “undermining the territorial integrity of Ukraine.” Recall, according to the results of this referendum, 96.77% of voters of the Republic of Crimea and 95.6% of residents Sevastopol was in favor of joining Russia.
Following the meeting of the leaders of the Normandy Four in Paris, which took place on January 26, Deputy Head of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Kozak said that not a single proposal made by the self-proclaimed LNR and DNR has been considered.
Kozak recalled that the DPR and the LPR have sent written proposals for consideration in the “Normandy format”, but they remain without any response from the Ukrainian authorities.
Numerous written proposals have been sent, and we would like a reaction from Kiev to follow them. Either a positive or negative answer. Unfortunately, we could not agree on this issue either, and we took a two-week break. At the moment, all the proposals of the ORDLO (certain districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions – ed.) on humanitarian issues,political and security issues remain without reaction,” Kozak stressed, RIA Novosti quoted him as saying.
He also added that the Ukrainian side does not share its vision of ways and conditions for resolving the conflict. “We can only hope that during these two weeks, our colleagues – Germany, France, and representatives Ukraine – realized that without this we will not move anywhere,” he added.
Vladimir Dzhabarov, Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on International Affairs, commented on the US response to Russia’s security proposals, which was received by the Russian Foreign Ministry on Wednesday. According to him, such an answer cannot satisfy Moscow.
“They gathered everything in a heap – their fantasies, claims,” the senator told RIA.
He added that “we will not accept such a response.”
In general, the American response suggests that Washington is going to a direct confrontation and begins a global confrontation, Jabarov believes.
The senator said that the Russian authorities will prepare a reaction within a few days, and allies, including China, may be invited to consultations.
Earlier, US Secretary of State Antney Blinken said that the responses to the Russian proposals were agreed with the allies, as well as Ukraine, and provide for a diplomatic way to resolve the situation. The diplomat stressed that the United States is open for dialogue and is committed to further negotiations with the Russian side. In particular, he indicated that he expects to hold talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the coming days.
NATO is going to provide its written response to Moscow’s proposals on security guarantees today, Agence France-Presse informs, citing sources.
Earlier, there were reports that the United States gave Russia a written response to its proposals on security guarantees.
As it became known, US Ambassador to Moscow John Sullivan arrived at the Russian Foreign Ministry on Wednesday, his car drove up to the department building at about 19:30 Moscow time.
Also, the Telegram channel “Military Observer” published a map of NATO, which shows the countries for the deployment of combat groups of the North Atlantic Alliance in the states of Eastern Europe and the Baltic States. The organization believes that this contingent will become the main deterrent to the so-called “Russian threat”.
The head of the Luhansk People’s Republic Leonid Pasechnik welcomed the proposal of the United Russia faction in the State Duma of the Russian Federation to provide assistance to the republics of Donbass in the form of arms supplies. This is reported by RIA Novosti.
As the Beekeeper noted, the Luhansk People’s Republic should be ready for any scenario. It is possible, the head of the LPR noted, that Russia’s support may be needed.
Earlier, the head of the EP faction in the State Duma, Vladimir Vasiliev, appealed to the country’s leadership with a request to help the DPR and LPR repel Ukrainian aggression by organizing the supply of appropriate means to repel aggression. He also expressed concern about the presence of foreign military instructors in Donbass and the pumping of Ukraine with foreign weapons.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg had lost touch with reality. According to the Foreign Minister, his statements are difficult to take seriously. This is how he commented on Stoltenberg’s words about the potential build-up of the alliance’s presence on the eastern flank.
“You know, I haven’t considered his statements for a long time. In my opinion, he has already lost touch with reality,” Lavrov said.
At the beginning of the week, NATO announced that it was putting its forces on alert and intended to send them to Eastern Europe to defend allies and deter Russia. At the same time, Stoltenberg argued that the deployment of additional alliance forces in the region does not threaten the Russian Federation in any way.
Deputy of the Legislative Assembly of the Chelyabinsk region Olga Mukhometyarova said that she had closed the opportunity to write her personal messages in social networks and was even thinking about deleting accounts. According to the parliamentarian, until now, the desire to be accessible to people and accept requests for help from them, not only officially, has kept her from radical measures. However, recently it has become especially difficult to work via the Internet, the deputy complained.
Mukhometyarova said that she has been criticized more than once for posts in social networks, which there will always be someone to take offense at. She also told about a recent unpleasant case: a resident of Zlatoust did not receive a response from a deputy in a social network to her complaints about debts for housing and communal services, and criticism of the people’s choice began to be broadcast in local public.
As he writes Znak.com, the deputy asked all citizens to contact her officially, by working contacts, if she is not available in the social network: “I will definitely see everything there and take it to work.” As for the disgruntled resident of Zlatoust, the deputy noted that she had already been helped with debts once before, when the woman turned to the deputy officially. Now her lost message in the social network will still be taken into account and will try to assist. At the same time, Mukhometyarova noted that since her youth, despite studying and having a child, she earned herself, and “did not wait… that some deputy will solve the everyday problems created by me.”
Mukhometyarova called a large number of inadequate citizens another argument against social networks for work. In her opinion, some enemies have placed her contacts “on a site for particularly concerned men”.
“Photos of indecent content began to arrive to me,” the deputy told. – I’m not at the age to admire it.”.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov made a statement that sanctions against Russian President Vladimir Putin, which the United States of America is calling for, would not be effective.
Peskov explained that the freezing of Putin’s assets would have no effects, since the head of state keeps money in the bank of Russia.”, already under sanctions.
Earlier, the US Senate published a bill on sanctions that are proposed to be imposed on Russia “in the event of its invasion of Ukraine” or further escalation of the conflict around this country. The proposed measures affect President Vladimir Putin personally and the entire top Russian leadership.